Driver Service Manager
Full Job Description
The DSM is a key link between driver and operations. The DSM assists safety and recruiting with qualifying and onboarding all new hires and leads our new hires through orientation. While the DSM builds relationships with all new hires they also maintain solid relationships with all drivers while providing feedback to management to assist with continuous improvement.
- Manage relationships with all drivers
- Understanding of compliance and regulations including hours of service, weight limits, etc.
- Proactively communicate with Operations, Maintenance, Safety, recruiting, and Management.
- Proficiently manage high volume emails.
- Available for some after hours on-call work if required.
- Manage and resolve conflicts and problems related to drivers
- Support Safety and Recruiting as related to onboarding new hires
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 2 Years’ experience in transportation role.
- Knowledge of DOT, MTO, regulations and compliance.
- Knowledge of CBP & CBSA regulations and the processing of ACE/ACI clearances
- Experience with TransPlus an asset
- Knowledge of Q-Tracs Communication and HOS software an asset
- Knowledge of LTL and FTL transportation
- Geographical knowledge of Southwestern Ontario and the USA is required.
- Ability to resolve conflict and provide exceptional customer/driver service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage details with a high level of mental recall in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Transportation Role: 2 years (preferred)